The Isaiah Trust
10 Kent Court
Registered Charity No. 1095251
Article 1 General
· 1.1 The name of the organisation shall be ‘The
· 1.2 The registered Office and Headquarters shall be
at 9 Airebank Terrace Gargrave Skipton North Yorkshire BD23
Article 2 Objectives
· 2.1 To help the most underprivileged, deprived and
vulnerable members of society especially orphaned children,
providing education where possible.
· 2.2 To establish Churches.
· 2.3 To establish Orphanages.
· 2.4 To establish Clinics and Health Centres.
· 2.5 To establish Schools.
· 2.5 To promote the Christian faith through the activities
listed above and by the preaching of the Gospel.
· 2.6 To co-operate with other organisations with similar
objectives to ‘The Isaiah Trust’.
· 2.7 To conduct research that will further the above
· 2.8 To raise funds and other resources to fulfil the
· 2.9 To do all that is necessary to facilitate attainment
of the objectives
· 2.10 To carry out the work of the ‘The Isaiah
Trust’ with love, commitment and compassion.
Article 3 Statement of Faith
· 3.1 ‘The Isaiah Trust’ is an ecumenical
organisation committed to promoting Christianity.
· 3.2 We believe in One God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
· We believe that salvation is only found in Jesus Christ,
· We believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired word
· We aim to be obedient to the great commission - ‘To
go and make disciples of all nations’.
· 3.3 ‘Religion that God our Father accepts as
pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows
in their distress and keep oneself from being polluted by the
world’. James 1.27
Article 4 Trustees
· 4.1 There shall be 3 Trustees:
· Tim Broughton, 9 Airebank Terrace Gargrave Skipton
North Yorkshire BD23 3RU
· Nicky Etherington, 616 Garstang Road, Barton, Preston,
Lancashire PR3 5DR
· Dorothy Turberfield 1 Glenview Close Moor Nook Preston
Lancashire PR2 6SQ
· 4.2 The trustees shall remain in office until one
of the following occurs: -
· a) Through resignation
· b) Through death.
Article 5 Meetings
· 5.1 The trustees shall meet on a regular basis. The
quorum for this meeting will be 2 people.
· 5.2 In all meetings the trustees in attendance shall
choose a chairperson and a minute-taker.
Article 6 Decision Making
· 6.1 All Trustees of ‘The Isaiah Trust’
shall be committed to reaching consensus in all decisions.
· 6.2 If consensus cannot be reached decisions shall
be made by simple majority.
· 6.3 Voting shall be done by secret ballot if requested
by any one Trustee.
· 6.4 The Trustees may from time to time institute specific
rules, regulations or procedures to facilitate the work of ‘The
· 6.5 The constitution may be amended by agreement with
Article 7 Funding and Finances
· 7.1 The funding of ‘The Isaiah Trust’
shall be derived from:
· a) Contributions from Churches / Supporters.
· b) Grants and donations from local or international
· c) Bank interest.
· d) Other sources.
· 7.2 The Trustees shall ensure that the finances of
‘The Isaiah Trust’ are accountable and well documented.
Financial reports shall be regularly available to all donors
Article 8 Dissolution
· 8.1 A motion to dissolve ‘The Isaiah Trust’
shall be binding if passed by all of the Trustees.
· 8.2 In the event of dissolution all the liabilities
of ‘The Isaiah Trust’ shall be fully discharged
and any remaining resources shall be distributed to any organisation
with aims and objectives similar to those of ‘The Isaiah
. 8.3 No funds or assets of ‘The Isaiah Trust’
may be distributed amongst trustees.